Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Mamba v. The Big 3


For those of you who know me you are well aware of the fact that basketball is in my blood.  As a young buck I have a loose memory of the Lakers/Celtics rivalry that saved the NBA.  I really started to pay attention when Jordan started to take over, and I've been addicted  ever since.  

This year we NBA fans have been given the gift of Lakers/Celtics all over again!  This time the Celtics have a core group who have spent the better parts of their respective careers searching for the right combination of teammates to help take them to the promise land.  KG was buried in Minnie, The Truth had a couple of good runs with Antoine Walker at his side in the JV league that was the Eastern Conference, and Ray-Ray bounced around the league in cities that some people had forgotten even had NBA teams.  We all know what Kobe and Shaq were able to do earlier this decade, but now Kobe has the team to himself and is playing like a BEAST!  

I can't wait for this bitch to get going............. My pick?????? Lakers in 7.

Thane, whatcha say homie?

L.B.M.

2 comments:

jt said...

Yes dude, I am feelin this Finals Series fo sho...how do I count the ways?
1. NO Detroit, NO San Antonio - no boring moments in an LA vs Bos Finals.
2. LA vs Beantown will bring out the Stars like literally NO OTHER Finals could. Kobe, KG, Jack, Brady, etc...we're gonna see em ALL for this one.
3. There isn't another baller on the planet who has the potential to absolutely fuckin NUTS like a KG under the hoop in traffic...NO ONE. I'm takin bets right now that KG has to dislodge his leg up to the knee from Radman's A-hole.
4. Jump shots. It's gonna be nice to see the J's flyin...are there any two other teams that have such a plethora of Outside Shooters? There's only one Big who uses Glass better than KG, and he's chillin at home right now in St. Croix.
5. East Coast vs West Coast...TRU

Cali Love Pac!

J

jt said...

I forgot to leave my Fearless Prediction...

Lakers in 6.

Although I wouldn't be shocked to see a Laker Sweep.

Although...you'll know something is up if the Lakers are up 3 games to none, don't be suprised to see Violet Palmer, Tim Donaghy, and a drunk Joey Crawford ref game 4.

J