Friday, June 13, 2008

Cheers to the end of days.


Yesterday after work I was driving down The Esplanade and was awestruck by the enormous wall of smoke to the south.  It looked like something out of a Michael Bay movie, only Bruce Willis was nowhere to be found and Will Smith was at The Staple's Center rooting for the Lakers (he's supposed to be a Sixers fan, right).  Anyway, it got me to thinkin/trippin.  I somehow am deeply connected to the weather; when Mother Nature rears her angry head back and blows, I don't seem to function properly.  I have even been known to get a bit pissy!  But that's neither here nor there.  It is, however, this connection that has me worried about our future on this planet.  

It's no secret that we humans have damaged our earth beyond repair.  And, it seems to me that ever since El Nino scorched California earlier this decade the weather has been slowly evolving, faster than before.  We have been shattering temperature highs, and squandering rainfall lows.  I have this vision of our climate ten years from now, and it resembles.................. this!

L.B.M.

And I pray that the fires throughout the state are 100% contained soon!  People's lives are being ruined.

No comments: